APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU 🙂 Please keep an eye on our FB page for future opportunities
We need new writers to help with interviews and albums. We have room for two or three passionate music writers on the team.
A bit about us
We’re a well-established music website launched in 2015. Attracting up to 8000 visitors per month from all over the world. At present, we cover touring bands, album reviews and interviews. We currently get more review offers than we can handle and we’re looking to increase the number of album reviews and interviews on the site.
Who are we looking for?
We need unpretentious, knowledgeable and enthusiastic writers for our multi-genre blog. Here’s a few small but essential must-haves that will help your application.
- Must be a regular gig-goer or record collector. If you go to a gig or two per month and want a chance to go see even more shows then apply!
- Must be very passionate about music.
- Must be experienced, with your own style and be able to write without heavy editing or guidance. We’re a very laid back bunch at Blank Slate but we are super busy working on other content. So your writing must be to a high standard and ready to rock! You will be able to voice your opinion unedited and unbiased.
- Must be able to write passionate, coherent reviews. Minimum 200 words per review but no maximum!
- Must be based in the UK (our content is UK release focused). Ideally in the North of England or Scotland.
Writing positions are voluntary, although you will get gig tickets and albums as a reward for your efforts.
To apply email email@example.com we’ll get in touch with the best applicants. Please include samples of past work or send us something new. Thanks 🙂